Monday, December 1, 2008

The Gentle Wind

She was the most valuable creature that I ever met. 
The feelings she generated could not be undone. 
The Gentle Wind, my little child, meant more to me 
Than woman, man, child, pet, friend or anyone. 

I love you, I whispered. I repeated night and day. 
You mean so much to me, I don’t have words to say. 
My eyes fill with tears just uttering this much. 
My Gentle Wind, my loving child, I love you so much. 

She grows before my eyes from infant to woman. 
I can run through my mind each stage of her growth. 
The cuddler, the player, the walker, the singer. 
I want her free and with me. 
I can’t have both. 

She leaves for college in less than three months. 
My Gentle Wind, my sweetheart, my heart on my sleeve. 
I know you must go, I wouldn’t try to stop you. 
You just must understand, I will cry when you leave. 

I know you’ll grow to be dazzling. 
Someone I admire. 
Your feelings all powerful, your drive like a fire. 
My eyes fill with tears just uttering this much.
My Gentle Wind, my loving child, I love you so much.”

Joceile
2005

No comments: